Kitchen Fire
Date: 07.31.2013

As our members were drifting off into a deep sleep after a challenging vehicle rescue drill, the pagers alerted 21 members of a house fire on Sussex Road. The dispatch notes stated there had been a fire in the kitchen which was extinguished by the home owner, however there was a smoke condition. The company arrived to find plastic melted over a stove top with soot and smoke throughout the house. Apparently one of the homeowners cats accidentally turned on the stove top melting the plastic hanging along side the oven. Members secured utilities to the stove top and ventilated the house. Narberth Ambulance responded in to check the home owner who took in a bit of smoke. Thankfully she was not transported and will be okay.




 


Copyright © 2009 - Penn Wynne Fire Company
All Text, Pictures, and Content Provided by:
Penn Wynne - Overbrook Hills Fire Company
1440 Manoa Road
Wynnewood, PA 19096


Web Hosting Provided by

www.usadomains.com



Support PWFC
#1950